Saturday, June 6, 2015

I am a Lion

I am a lion through and through.  Born under the King Lion sign, on the second day of August in 1974… I am a leo.  I am a lion.  And… I serve.  As the President of the North Tahoe Lions Club, I know what it means to serve.  To serve the communiy, the region, the state, the nation, the world.  I am a lion.  I serve mankind, humanity as a whole, and it is my mission to live up to the Lions Club toast…  Not above you, not below you… but with you.
It is with this in mind that I am reflecting upon my service in Africa.  Wishing I could do more,  but feeling fulfilled about that which I have done, I look back and see that progress was made, mankind has been served for a moment while I have been here, and a community has been reached, touched, and positively impacted by me, us, you, and the students of SNC.

Looking back, I can only move forward. But it is in my reflection that I can see how far we have come, and it is through service that I am most connected to all that is, will be and should be.  Service to humankind is what makes me more human, more connected to the Earth, more connected to the sky, the animals, nature, and the universe – which is what guides my spirit.

This journey of service… This donation of self to that which is in need, is me.  It is what connects me to everything, and it is through the service that I have been blessed.  It is through service that I understand - and now know - the true value of community.  We are together in everything, we are connected to everything, there is no longer a “me” it is now an “we.” 

This trip has helped me understand that there is more that needs to be done, but that which we do, is precious.  And service, has become my desire.  It is through service that we become blessed, that we are able to connect, that we are able to receive.  It is through giving that we receive most.  And it is in this way, this mindset, that I will move forward.  Forward knowing the true meaning of life… which is to believe in each other, believe in humanity, believe that we can achieve peace, and that we can change the collective consciousness, and move forward in service to each other.

And I intend to do this throughout the duration of my life.  I will serve.  I will make a difference. I will be the first in line to champion the change that must and can only occur when there is a need for a helping hand.  I will make an impact.  My footprint will be permanent.  I will make the difference.  I will help to change the collective. 
And this is what I have learned through my service in Africa.  And I will carry it with me throughout the duration of my days here on this planet, and I will move forward, never on, with one goal… To be the change that makes the difference. To be the helping hand… To make the impact, to reach the far corners of the Earth with this message,which is my only message to you, to us, to the world… I am not above you, I am not below you… I am with you.

Blessings,
J. Dean

www.jdean16.com

#SierraNevadaCollegeLakeTahoe  #SouthAfrica

No comments:

Post a Comment